11.14.2010

Bitter Root Detroit by Carol Lyn Piechota

BITTER ROOT DETROIT on Etsy
Jewelry by Carole Lyn Piechota

I'm a college instructor and Ph.D candidate in English and Film Studies living and studying in Detroit. I began making necklaces three years ago as a way to relax and meditate; this practice eventually became an artistic necessity.

I began to notice that my necklaces became increasingly more elaborate and organic, certainly beautiful, but also challenging. That beauty can be found in music, novels, films, nature, visual art, and imperfection became my muse and defines my aesthetic- the name bitter root, I hope, captures this.

Each of my pieces begins as a concept that often takes several weeks to develop and execute; this is why bitter root's designs are either limited edition or one-of-a-kind!

Best,
Carole Lyn

No comments: